We are always on the lookout for ways to improve your shisha smoking experience. Here are a few tips we picked up along the way:
- Cleaning your shisha after every smoking session will avoid the build up of residues that will eventually clog the system.
- When perforating the foil on your shisha bowl, make small holes to avoid burning the molasses. Use a toothpick, a pen or a fork when you punch holes into the aluminum foil. The bigger the clay bowl, the more holes you should have.
- Do not use too much coal and the smaller the pieces the better. Too much or too big will burn the molasses really quickly and give a burnt aftertaste when you are smoking.
- Once you have packed your bowl, cover it with aluminum foil (without holes), flip the bowl upside down and let it sit for a few minutes. This will make sure the molasses at the top layer are wetter before you burn which will enhance the flavor.
- If a rubber seal is too small or you notice air leaking somewhere, use a little tissue paper in between or use insulating tape to ensure your shisha remains airtight.
- Some smokers like to use a shisha diffuser when smoking. This plastic body that is attached to the bottom of the shisha stem diffuses the suction by breaking down the big bubbles into many small ones. This improves the smoking experience by creating more smoke and enhancing the taste.
Do you have any more tips? Please post them on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages… the best will be reposted here.